The Undead have been persecuted, hunted, and imprisoned throughout the ages. This forest was home to the Undead hunts during the reign of the Old Iron King. There's little difference between the guards and their prisoners now, though. Though the King sent his best soldiers to oversee the Hunts, their memories were lost to the Undead Curse.
The Skeleton Lords control this area. They were the Old Iron King's best soldiers, but in their dark resurgence, they have forgotten their original allegiance entirely. They seek to create a new kingdom - one of bone. And now you have trespassed upon that kingdom.
The foes encountered here are:
- Rogue: Dangerous in life as thieves and highwaymen, these Rogues are now doubly so in death, as Hollowing has robbed them of their reason. In life, they may have lusted after material wealth, but in death they seek your very soul.
- Undead Laborer: As if a lifetime of toil wasn't enough, these workers continue their duties even in death. And this time, their job is to kill you. Probably as in life, these under-appreciated, down-trodden souls simply aren't equipped for the task - they face you unarmed.
- Captive Undead: These woods have seen countless tragedies over the years, and each death brings an Undead ever closer to full Hollowing. Whether they were once hunters or prey matters little now - the march of time has stolen their minds and memories and rendered them Hollow.
- Great Moth: These giant, poisonous creatures attack[sic] themselves to trees and cave ceilings throughout the Copse. The moss that they light upon is itself poisonous - whether this is a result of the moth's influence or the moth being drawn to the poison is unknown.
- Torturer: These wicked Torturers don't wield conventional weapons - the tools of their trade are intended to inflict pain upon their Undead victims rather than death. If you underestimate them, you'll find that regardless of their intention, they certainly can kill you.
- Necromancer: The true origins of these Necromancers is unknown, but it is possible that they served the Old Iron King during the Undead Hunts in this forest. They are found near the Skeleton Lords' domain - perhaps they now serve them as their new masters.
- Armored Skeleton: These reanimated corpses are often under the control of a Necromancer, and they will be revived repeatedly until their Wizard is killed. Whether they served the Iron King or fled from his troops in life makes no difference now, as they are the property of their necromantic masters.
- Artificial Undead: A massive, hulking beast of an Undead, this creature is disturbingly unnatural. This patchwork monstrosity wields two Full Moon Sickles and swings them with immense power. Who would create such a monster? The Iron King himself sought to destroy the Undead, not create them…
- Merciless Roenna (Dark Spirit): Roenna wears a helm associated with the warlocks of Aldia. Could the unnatural condition of this forest be related to the experiments of the Aldian mages, or is it mere coincidence?
- Greatsword Phantom (Dark Spirit): This phantom stands watch over the entrance to the Undead Purgatory. His origin is unknown, but he is currently standing guard over the entrance tot eh domain of Nahr Alma's followers.